Thursday, May 14, 2009

More camp stories!

Up next I had to go onto the Earthboards. I felt nervous because I had never been on one before. Room 18 and 19 were at Highland Home camp. We went their on the 24th of March.

 On the first day at camp we had rotations. First we went on the trampolines. I could do front flips on the tramp. The tramps were so cool because my Uncle Willy was helping there.

 Next my group went to the games. We had to get across to the other pole. We had to try to not touch the ground. Next I went onto the BMX bike. They were hard to pedal because it was on the grass.

 The best thing about the rotations was it was helping me get healthy.

 By CM


I was so tired after the bush walk. Finally we got to have a rest. Time for rotations. On the 24th of March Room 18 and 19 were at Highland Home.

First my group walked to the tramp. When we got there they said time to go on a tramp. I jumped on the first one. When I bounced on the tramp I did a flip. I was in the air, it felt like I was flying. But then the next person had a go.

Then the whistle blew. Time for parashoot. I didn’t know was that was but when my group got there we played a game called get the ball first. My number was three but first they had to give us a number. The first number was 3, 4, and 8. I heard my number so I ran around the parashoot and I dived to the ball. I got the ball first. It was bright green and red.

Then the whistle blew three times. Time for the BMX bikes so my group ran down the steps. I got my helmet on and jumped on the blue and black bike. It was hard to ride on the very bumpy grass but I got the hang of it. My group had a race but I didn’t win. My friend won. Then the whistle blew.

My next activity was the Earthboards. I was very scared because it was my first time ever on a Earthboard. I grabbed an Earthboard. It was blue, black and grey. I hopped on one. Then it was my turn. The hill was steep but then it sloped down. I pushed my one down the hill. I was really scared because it got really bouncy. I nearly fell off my board. At first it was bumpy, then it was flat. It slowed down right at the end as you flew across the grass. I was very scared. I screamed the whole way down!

I loved the tramp the best because I loved jumping up and down. Everyone should give all the things a go at Highland Home Camp. By JW

I was excited when it was my turn to roast the marshmallows. Room 18 and 19 were at Highland Home on the 24th March for their camp. I was going to roast marshmallows on the fire. The marshmallows were yummy and soft.

 When it was time for me to roast my marshmallows we needed a stick. I lost my stick but there was another stick for me to use. It was really dark!  All the boys burnt their marshmallows and all the girls didn’t burn their marshmallows. The marshmallows melted in my mouth. It tasted like white chocolate. It was so nice. We all put the marshmallows on the top of the fire. I wiped the marshmallows that went on fire on the base and then on the grass. Then the grass went on fire a little bit. Then I wiped the grass and it went out. Then smoke went in my mouth so I turned my face away. I liked seeing my marshmallow burn because it went all bubbly. The marshmallows got wasted a lot. It was funny because the marshmallows kept shrinking.  I ended up with four marshmallows to eat because the rest got burnt.

The marshmallows were so tasty and you should try to roast marshmallows too at Highland Home Camp.

 By JA

I was at Highland Home with Room 18 and 19.  I was excited. I was going to the fire to roast marshmallows. We went to go and see the glowworms after that.

I was scared of the dark because it was pitch black. When we got to there we had to go through a big gate to the bushes and we had to wait a lot. The glowworms were cool. I was in the dark. I saw black glowworms and yellow glowworms. The glowworms were like lightbulbs in the bushes. The glowworms were shining like stars too. The glowworms were like a shinybulb and the glowworms were looking all around the bush for some food. The glowworms were exciting! The glowworms were like stars in the night. The glowworms were the best, it was the best day ever!

By JB

I was so excited when we were going to the glowworms. I had never been to see the glowworms before. Room 18 and 19 were at camp. We went on the 24th of March. I was in the third group to go to the glowworms.

While I waited to go to the glowworms we got our torches and some warm clothes and gumboots so we didn’t get dirty feet. Then we went in a big long line to go in the car to see the glowworms. When we were in the van I felt a bit nervous. My group talked about the glowworms. They didn’t talk to me but they talked to each other. I still felt happy because we were going to see the glowworms.

We had to find a park on the grass. After that we walked down the track to the glowworms. First we had to walk down the stream to see the glowworms because they were on the other side of the stream. We had to walk over logs. The glowworms were on a wall behind the trees.  The glowworms were blue and glittering. They looked like twinkling stars in the sky.

I think everyone should go to Pohangina Valley. It was fun seeing all the glowworms.By KK


I was waiting all morning for the rotations. I was so excited I almost wet my pants! We were at Highland Home on the 24th March. Room 18 and 19 were there. Before we got to do our rotations we got me time, which meant that you could do anything except go out of the boundries.

Then finally it was rotations time. My first activity was the damper. They had everything you needed at Highland Home to make damper. It was so slimy and sticky. The dough stayed on my hands for ages until I washed my hands.

When the whistle blew I quickly sprinted to the BMX bikes. I got a helmet, got the smallest bike and rode it. The BMX bike had 2 bars, on the back and front. You stood on the bars and friend could take you for a ride.  We had a few races on the BMX bikes!

After the whistle had blown we group went to Earthboards. I was shaking. I did not know what would happen but it turned out that I loved it! My Earthboard had a picture of the USA flag with stars all around it. It was like a skateboard with good fat gripped wheels. I was so excited I felt like I was going to fall off and I did! I could hear tuis and other birds and the wind. My heart was beating really fast. There was a big rock infront of me and I was scared of falling off. When I fell off it hurt badly but I was alright. I rode the Earthboard again and again until the whistle blew.

I loved camp. The trip was like a new world. I would love to go back again. In the rotations I loved the Earthboards the most because they were so much fun!  By LM


 Room 18 and 19 went to Pohangina camp. We did heaps of games like trampolines and BMX. It was fun! We went to camp on the 24th of March. At camp at nighttime we did activities. First I did marshmallows they tasted like something sticky but it was actually a hot marshmallow! They were delicious. Then they slushed down my throat. Next I got some more marshmallows. They all did the same thing! I loved eating marshmallows. They are so cool. You should taste them. I always burnt my marshmallows on the fire. They were delicious. I wish I could have had some more!   By T

No comments:

Post a Comment